Amarillo Area CASA is committed to respecting the privacy of its donors and volunteers. The types of donor information that it collects and maintains include such data as:
- Contributor information, such as names, mailing and physical addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses
- Giving information
- Information relevant to ensuring the safety and well-being of the children served by Volunteer Advocates, such as voluntary background checks
- Information on events attended, publications received, special requests for program information, and
- Other information provided by the donor or volunteer, including comments or suggestions
CASA uses donors’ information to understand their interests in its mission, acknowledge contributions and thank donors, and to update them on the organization; as part of record-keeping required by law and best nonprofit practices; for internal research and analytics to improve communications; for reporting to applicable agencies as required as terms or our nonprofit organization status; and to support activities related to the fundraising operations. Information may be shared with staff, board members, volunteers and consultants ONLY on a “need-to-know” basis.
CASA never sells or rents donor information to any third party or conducts any type of mailing on behalf of another organization.
CASA occasionally recognizes contributors and their participation in fundraising and other organizational events in annual reports and other promotional materials. Please let us know if you would prefer to remain anonymous.
Donors may opt-out of any mailings, phone calls, or other communication by notifying the CASA Development Department at 806-373-2272.
It is our organizational policy to limit access to financial contribution information to professional staff or volunteers who need to process that information for the purposes described in this policy. We use third-party payment processors to provide credit card payment processing services but do not maintain individual credit card or bank information. We do not store your credit card information, bank account numbers or other financial account data sent directly to those processing services.
Furthermore, in recognition of the prevalence of online giving, CASA assures online donors of the following:
- Online charitable donations, like cash and check donations, are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by the law. Donors will receive an immediate donation receipt via email upon completion of their donation, as well as a follow-up acknowledgment letter via mail or email, dependent upon the contact information provided. Giving opportunities that are not fully tax-deductible, such as event tickets, will be noted as such on the website and receipted accurately.
- Contributors with questions about their giving can contact CASA’s Development Department directly via phone, email, or in person as follows:
- (806) 373-2272
- 112 SW 8th Suite 101 Amarillo, TX 79101
- CASA utilizes third-party payment processors to allow donors to give electronically using a credit card, bank account transfer, or other payment method. These processors collect certain information from donors and maintain strict privacy and security policies as part of their agreement with us to provide this service. These service providers process the payments and funds go directly to CASA. The service providers used by CASA are Stripe and Click and Pledge.
- As part of providing the best online experience, we may store various data collected as part of standard website operations (including IP addresses and cookies). We may use this data for purposes described in this policy, including analytical needs to improve the website function and experience.
- All third-party logos, trademarks, trustmarks and other identifying, sponsoring, and/or endorsing symbols displayed on the website are accurate and up-to-date.